If you have made a decision to pursue your long-term career in the field of health care or to be specific, in the nursing field then you are supposed to take formal training for CNA through any of the state approved programs. After accomplishment of the training course when it comes to the exam for certification as a nurse aide, then you must have the exam preparation guide. The students have to pass the NNAAP (National Nurse Aide Assessment Program) exam by the NCSBN (National Council of State Boards of Nursing). CNA certified nurse aide exam cram is the best guide for study the nursing aspects in order to pass the state exam and earn the certification as nurse aides.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Marty Walker has practiced nursing for the past 30 years and she had started her professional career as a LPN (licensed practical nurse). She attained master’s degree in nursing and has worked across various states till date.
Linda Whitenton has working experience of 38 years in various fields like mental health, pediatrics and medical-surgical nursing. She had been a teaching nursing assistant and education director.
Components of the Book
- All the topics desired to be prepared for the exam
- Chapters prioritize the exam objectives first
- Chapter wise practice questions
- Sample practice exams as per the NNAAP exam pattern
- A CD-ROM test engine (state of the art) that provides with real time practice of skills along with feedback
Unique Features of the Book
- This book can be used along with a variety of print and electronic learning material
- This book has all those aspects and characteristics that are needed by the students to master the nursing knowledge, gain the nursing talent and skills, acquire the self confidence and then pass the NNAAP exam for certification
- It includes various notes, sidebars, tips and cautions for the students
- It provides with the best strategies for taking CNA tests and time saving tips for achieving time efficient and effective preparation
- It includes cram sheet tear out cards that have tips, acronyms, memory joggers, etc., which is indeed an interesting concept
Chapters included in the Book
- Cram sheet – Introduction This section involves a cram sheet for the certification exam for CNA and it encompasses all the precise notes in the form of cram so as to remember the important points without having to learn them too fast. The introduction section introduces with the nursing practice and concepts in nursing at the very basic level.
- What You Need to Know to Prepare for the Exam This section explains the pattern of the examination as a written test and a clinical skills test. The written test is based upon the technical or theoretical knowledge of the students; while the clinical skills test is based upon the practical talent of the students. This section of self-assessment provides with tips and strategies for taking both the tests along with some important points like how to manage to study in a short time, what to read at the eleventh hour, what all skills are to be practiced manually, hoe to prepare day by day as well as week by week before the exam date approaches.
- The Role and Responsibilities of the Nursing Assistants This section gives all the concerns related to job responsibilities of a nurse aide along with the essential tasks of a CNA that must be performed accurately as well as recurrently. It also includes additional tasks of the nursing assistants, their job limitations, what all qualities must be possessed by the nurse aides, how to develop communication skills, legal and ethical issues related with nursing, etc.
- Promotion of Health and Safety This section gives a simple technique guide about maintenance of the personal and patient health and safety. It provides with the tips on how to sustain hygienic environment around the patients. It involves topics like communicable diseases, prevention of spread of diseases, infection control techniques, how to maintain asepsis in case of medical equipment, etc.
- Promotion of Function and Health of Residents This section is completely based on the basic patient care practices, daily activities, restorative care, age-specific care, data collection about patients and then reporting to the doctors. It also gives a detailed idea about the emotional, mental, cultural, spiritual and sexual needs of the residents and how to comfort them in the clinical environment.
- Specialized Care The students can get information about how to deal with the specialized care requirements such as hearing impairment, speech impairment, vision impairment and respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, psychological, paralytic disorders, etc. It also covers a separate section on how to deal with the patients with AIDS.
Every chapter in the book has a special section of competency exam preparation questions and answer rationales. This helps the students to get an idea of kind of questions asked in the test and the most probable answers for them. Before 2 practice tests, answers for them, appendices and glossary; there is a large section that gives a checklist of all the clinical skills to be performed during the practical test.
This book can definitely be recommended as the perfect study guide for the CNA exam preparation; especially at the eleventh hour. It provides with all the aspects of nursing and tips to prepare for the exam within a short time.
You May Also Like: