The CNA job sector is one such field that has witnessed the need of a relatively large number of certified nursing assistants to serve the people who require medical assistance and care. Since, there is a considerable increase in the aging population and people are becoming more health conscious, therefore many health care facilities are emerging day by day. This has given rise to the nursing assistant employment opportunities.
CNA Employment Requirements
- Education: The minimum educational qualification that is required is either a high school diploma or an equivalent degree such as the General Educational Development (GED)
- Age: Though there is no standard criteria for age throughout the United States of America, most of the states accept students who are 18 years and above, whereas some states do accept candidates of 16 years as well
- CNA Training: In order to maintain a standard qualification of every candidate, it is obligatory for every student to pursue the course for certified nursing assistant. Besides maintaining the standardization, this training also aims at teaching the learners the responsibilities of a certified medication aide.
- Certification and License: After completing the training, the students have to clear the CNA certification exams and obtain the certificate following which they will have to obtain the license from the Nurse Aide Registry of their respective state.
- English Proficiency and Interpersonal Skills: Since English is a universal language, hospital attendants should possess good understanding, listening and communicational skills. Helping a patient to recover depends on their coordination with the doctor and the nurse who is supervising the particular case.
Advantages of CNA Employment
One of the biggest advantages is the salary that is provided to the patient care technicians. The average annual salary for a certified nursing assistants ranges between USD 20,000 and USD 30,000 per year. Other benefits include:
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Travel Assistance
- Retirement Saving Plans
- Accommodation Facilities
Job Openings at Several States: Surveys and reports have tried to determine the count of job openings that are available every year in different states.
States with the Highest Number of Job Openings Every Year
States with the Lowest Number of Job Openings Every Year
Apart from the internet and newspapers, one of the keys to find out jobs for certified nursing aides is through the employment consultancies. Employment consultancy offers professional help on issues related to labor market analysis, earnings and residual earning capacity. With their help you will be having wide range of recruitment solutions as per your requirement. With consultancy firms you always stand to gain in depth market knowledge and comprehensive job research. They understand your requirement and also the profile that will suit you the best.
List of Nursing Assistant Employment Consultancies
|Alda Professional Placement Services||6108 Palomino Drive,Plano, TX 75024 USA|
|Star Nursing. Inc||2795 East Bidwell Street Folsom, CA 95630, USA|
|Cambridge Health Care||3290 North Ridge Road, Suite 290, Ellicott City, MD 21043|
Consultancies such as Maxim Health Care Services and Adex Travel Nursing have got its branches spread across the United States of America.
What Type of Service Does Placement Consultancies Offer?
The placement consultancies provide services that are as follows:
- Permanent Employment
- Temporary Placement
- Payroll Outsourcing
- International Talent Search
- Part-time Placement
The certified nursing aide has got a bright future in the coming years. Apart from the increasing job opportunities in this field, this profession also ensures the security of the job. Once, you gain certain experience in this field, there would be no reason for suspending or terminating you from the medical facility, provided you do not get indulged in any malpractices. Events such as recessions do not have any effect on this field. With increase in experience, you can move up the career ladder and gain positions such as Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), and so on.
Thus, the idea of CNA employment is an excellent one to start with as it has excellent career in future. An essential thing that you should keep in mind while searching for a job is the selection of a reputed consultancy. You should choose the best in business and be aware of fake recruitment agencies that try to lure you into their trap and run away after fishing out money. It is a must to check the credentials and perform background checks before approaching the consultancy. The reliable and reputed consultancy will not only be worth putting your time and money into but also you can be assured of privacy, career advice, counseling and exciting career opportunities that go well with your profile.