Passing a CNA certification exam is not an easy task. It is essential for the candidates to possess good knowledge about all the nursing contents taught during the classroom and the practical training sessions. Remembering all these contents and medical terms is a difficult task. Constant practice will help you to remember these medical terminologies. This is provided by the CNA certification practice test. These tests help the candidates to evaluate themselves and perform their best in the state competency tests.
Need for CNA Certification Practice Test
- Reduces the nervousness that is likely to occur while appearing for the final competency exams
- Helps to identify the areas where you are weak so that you can focus on them and start working on it
- You get to know your mistakes as soon as you complete the test. Keeping these minute things in mind reduces the chances of committing the same mistakes again.
- If you are getting transferred to another state, then practice tests helps you to understand the differences between both the state exams. The need for such a situation may arise when the state you wish to get transferred to does not follow reciprocity.
- Assists you in time management that helps you to solve the paper completely and find time to check in the end. There may be cases where you know the answer, but due to lack of time could not attempt them. Solving sample papers will help you to manage your time and answer all the questions.
- In some states, if your CNA license expires then you are supposed to appear for the certification exams again. During such a time period, practice tests help you to understand the things that you need to learn and prepare for the competency exams.
- It provides suitable guidance and tips that are essential to score good marks in the certification examination
- Improves your confidence level
Requirements of a CNA Certification Practice Test
- Completion of 18 years of age
- A General Educational Development (GED) or a high school diploma degree is essential
- Completion of a minimum of 75 hours of CNA training
What Does the Sample Question Paper Include?
Remember, these practice test papers provide only sample questions and not the original questions that are likely to appear for the tests. The practical sessions conducted during the training helps to gain sufficient amount of practice for the skills evaluation tests. The question arises on how to pass the written examination? These tests contain all the possible questions and examples of different real life situations. They may be simple or tricky. The options given may confuse you. However, constant practice of such type of tricky questions will help you to gain confidence and enable you to tackle any question that may appear in the final exams. These sample papers not only contain multiple choice questions but also the clinical skills questions as well. Some of the topics that are included in these sample question papers are:
- Diseases and Infection Control
- Patients Rights
- Responsibilities of a CNA
- Communication Skills
- Safety Measures
- Social Needs
- Restorative Services
- Personal Care
- Importance of Hygiene
- Psychosocial Care
The pattern of the question paper is identical to the one that appears in the final examination. It comprises of 50 to 70 multiple choice questions with four options for each. The duration of the practice test is approximately two hours.
Who Conducts Practice Tests?
One of the renowned CNA tests centers is the Prometric that is affiliated to the Board of Nursing and has got the legal rights to perform sample tests for nursing assistants. This organization has got its agencies spread across the United States of America. In order to obtain the benefits of these sample papers, candidates have to register themselves on the official website of the Prometric following which you will be eligible to appear for the tests. These exams are not free of cost. The fees is approximately USD 30.
Another sample practice kit is the Nurse Aide Practice Written Exam Packet (NNAAP). This kit is available online and can be downloaded, as it contains correct answers as well. This helps in verifying your answers immediately after the completion of the exam and identify your errors. It is an excellent guide that helps you to prepare for the state competency exams of certified nursing assistants.
Besides, there are many websites offering practice tests for CNA certification. Some of them are free. Several DVD’s and CD’s are available in the market. There are few community colleges that provide practice kits for the candidates that help them to excel in the final tests.
CNA certification practice test helps you to become familiar with the question paper pattern of the final CNA certification exam. Regular practice and continuous hard-work on the areas of improvement will help you clear the nursing assistant examination with good grades that would ultimately result in you obtaining a job in a renowned health care organization with good salary.
You May Also Like