The salary of a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) is the most important aspect of the job profile. It is important that the candidate should have knowledge about CNA salary in different states before making a decision about making a career in the field of nursing and health care.
Factors Affecting CNA Salary
- Experience: Experience plays an important role in increasing the renumeration of a certified nursing assistant, as they are paid considering their skills and potential. An experienced certified nursing aide is paid on an average from USD 32,000 to USD 35,000 annually.
- CNA Training: It is important that you should undergo the training from the best nursing institute to enhance your skills in an effective manner. For example, trainees from Red Cross Society are paid more as compared to trainees from other institutes.
- Additional Degree or Certification: Additional certificate also plays an important role during the recruitment and salary negotiation process.
- Location of the Job: The location of the job is one of the major factors on which the renumeration of a certified nursing aide depends. For example: a travel CNA is paid more as compared to the nursing aides working in the hospitals. They are provided traveling allowances, home allowances, insurance facilities, and other facilities as well. The travel certified nursing assistant need to move from one state to other as per requirement.
- Past performances: Many recruiters take a note of the past performances of the candidate during the appraisal process as well as before recruiting the candidate in their organization. They check the candidates performance in order to judge the potential of the candidate.
- Different Areas of Work: There are various places in which a certified nursing aids are required to work such as old age homes, rehabilitation centers, child care, government hospitals, private clinics, etc. Therefore, the salary varies from one organization to the other.
- Profit of the Company: Profit of the organization also has an effect on the pay scale of a certified nursing assistant. If the output is more, then the pay is also raised automatically.
- Duties of CNA: The pay scale of a certified nurse assistant also depend upon the duties and responsibilities that they undertook. For example a psychiatric aide is paid more than a home health aide and so on.
National Annual CNA Salary: As per the recent survey, the national annual pay scale of a certified nursing assistant from lowest to highest is mentioned as follows:
National CNA Hourly Salary: As per the recent survey, the national hourly pay scale of a certified nursing aide from lowest to highest is mentioned as follows:
Comparison in the Pay Scale of Entry-level Candidate and Experienced Candidate
- As an entry-level candidate, the pay scale of a certified nursing aide ranges from USD 10 to USD 12 per hour, that goes upto USD 25,000 to USD 30,000 annually
- As an experienced candidate, the pay scale of a certified nursing aide ranges from USD 15 to USD 17 per hour, that goes upto USD 35,000 to USD 40,000 annually
State Wise CNA Salary: Listed below is the average annual wages of a nursing assistant in different states of the USA
Top 5 Highest Paying CNA Industries: Let us have a look at the top 5 highest paying industries along with the number of employment, wages on hourly basis, and average annual pay.
|Federal Executive Branch|
|Colleges and Professional Schools|
|Rooming and Boarding Houses|
Top 10 States with Highest Hourly Renumeration: Listed below are the top 10 states with highest paying renumeration on hourly basis.
Top 10 States with Lowest Hourly Salary: Listed below is the top 10 states with lowest paying salary on hourly basis.
These are some of the details on CNA salary that will help you choose your dream job.
You May Also Like